Subject: PMRM TC: Thoughts concerning our initial work plan

PMRM TC Members –

Thank you for your support and active participation in the new TC.

We believe it is important to build a work plan to accomplish our charter objectives and deliverables, starting with getting a basic understanding of the existing PMRM contributed by ISTPA.    A work plan will be one of our first items of business at the next meeting.   In the meantime, here are  several basic items  to get us started.

1)      TC members must become familiar with the contributed PMRM. For starters, the following is a voice-over tutorial

that John and Michael recorded a few months ago:

 http://www.oasis-open.org/events/webinars/

See “Making Privacy Operational”

As needed, we can schedule additional informal meetings to  walk through the PMRM.

2)      Using the Model, consider how to proceed to develop Use Cases  that exercise the PMRM (see the running Use Case in the PMRM document for one example) in the areas noted in the charter, and how best to  leverage subject matter expertise both within and outside the TC.

3)       Determine if we need to establish a formal methodology for developing and/or expressing Use Cases (suggestions welcome) and what parts of the current model we want to focus on.

4)      Consider forming subcommittees  to expedite the work within the TC (for example, mapping privacy and security services) and with liaison organizations.

5)      Determine how best to leverage  liaison relationships with selective organizations in functional areas such as  Smart Grid, or Health IT, or e-Gov, with external bodies such as Kantara, and with other OASIS TCs and member sections interested in the PMRM

Please send your ideas, suggestions, reactions to the reflector.

For those who are available, we can brainstorm the plan at the informal meeting on 29 Sept in Washington, DC, following the OASIS IDtrust Identity Management conference.  This, and your email comments, will be useful as inputs to our next formal TC meeting, where we will establish a schedule for deliverables on a monthly and quarterly basis.

Michael and John