Subject: John Sabo's remarks to an OECD panel, June 2011 PLUS Dawn at the NSTIC meeting

Kudos to John for promoting the privacy standards activity to OECD!

For example:

   - “Our challenge is to understand the nexus between privacy policies and technology and to harness that understanding

to design and implement interoperable, trusted, operational privacy systems that can work at Internet scale.

To accomplish this, we need increased understanding and deeper collaboration among policy communities and technology communities.”

   - “… the Privacy Management Reference Model Technical Committee, which I co-chair, is developing a standard

to enable operational privacy management in complex online systems and infrastructures.”

Thanks to John.

Also, thanks to Dawn Jutla for representing us at the Boston NSTIC meeting this week.

Her excellent overview presentation, though necessarily brief, attracted

several new potential participants to the work of the PMRM TC.

Michael

Sabo_Remarks_Policy_Principles_Panel_OECD_June_2011.pdf