Subject: REMINDER: OASIS PMRM TC Formal telecon - Thursday, 14 July, 11 AM Eastern

Our next formal meeting should be on your calendars, with the call-in information.

As to the Agenda:

We are working on two major items:

   - Refine the Methodology (+ embedding the original PMRM):

      see attached e-mail sent earlier

   - Completing the Emergency Responder Use Case:

         o analyze the remaining Touch Points and Input/Output flows: volunteers??

John S and I had a side-band conversation:

   - The initial work on the Use Case has already helped us

      refine the details of the Methodology steps; let’s document those details.

   - Under each Service, the Functions are broken into 7 categories:

1.       DEFINE [SVC] operational requirements

2.       SELECT [SVC] (input, process, and output) information and parameters

3.       INPUT [SVC] information and parameter values in accordance with Select

4.       PROCESS [SVC] information and parameter values within Functions

5.       OUTPUT [SVC] information, parameter values, and actions

6.       LINK [SVC] to other (named) Services

7.       SECURE [SVC] with the appropriate security functions

       For a given Service, these Function categories are customized to the

        particular instance (actor, input/output, requirements). The “guts”

        of the Service operation is contained in the Process steps.

        Also note that Define is the step when all “operational requirements”

        are gathered, including jurisdictional policies and a prior or ‘static’ agreements.

        The remaining 6 steps are more explicitly “operational”, so we can

         think of each Service invocation as having those two phases: define + operations.

         In our Use Case analysis (so far), we have identified the Services to be

         invoked (based on the high-level Service definitions), but have not

         fully identified the “define and operations” breakdown for that instance.

Agenda (net):

       Come prepared to discuss:

              - refinement of the merged Methodology (pre-call comments welcome!)

              - completion of the Emergency Responder Use Case (volunteers are most revered!)

Michael