Subject: PMRM TC ISO Liaison Approved

PMRM TC Members,

I am pleased to announce that our formal request for PMRM liaison status with ISO has been approved. Specifically, the P-members of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27 were consulted and approved our application following a formal ballot. The OASIS Privacy Management Reference Model (PMRM) TC’s liaison with ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27/WG 5 is now registered.

Gershon Janssen, our TC Secretary, is the principal liaison to ISO and may designate a small number of PMRM TC members who are technically expert on the PMRM v1.0, CS02 to serve as additional formal expert liaisons to WG5.  As you recall, our goal in establishing this liaison is to understand how the PMRM fits into the ISO privacy standards development landscape, to contribute to the ISO work plan (particularly in the development of their Privacy Engineering standard, 27550), and to advocate for the consideration of the PMRM as a formal ISO standard.

The rights and obligations of organizations in liaison with ISO committees are explained in the ISO/IEC Directives Part 1 which can be found at the following URL: http://www.iso.org/directives.

We will have a full discussion of our liaison status and planning at the next PMRM TC meeting, which is scheduled for Tuesday, 13 June at 10AM EDT.  More details will follow as we prepare the agenda for the June meeting.

I would like to thank Jamie Clark, OASIS General Council for preparing and supporting our application; Michele Drgon, who very effectively represented OASIS and our TC at the ISO meetings in Abu Dhabi in October, 2016; and Gershon Janssen for his willingness to serve as principal liaison.

Best regards,

John

John Sabo, CISSP
Chair, OASIS PMRM Technical Committee