pps message

Subject: Re: [pps] Public review request for PPS-TC

Hello Yasuyuki Nishioka.

Thank you for your communication, and congratulations to the TC
members for completion of additional work.

Your note asks about a public review process for your TCs's
latest approved work.  We can arrange for a public review,
and need to follow the new rules for processing, as presented
in various messages from Mary McRae in 2010 [1].   In connection with
the new TC Process of October 15, 2010 there is a new TC Handbook
and OASIS Naming Directives document; the TC Process is the
final rule, but the TC Handbook describes the new maturity spec
levels, and the use of online forms to request publication
of a specification at CSD level, and to request a public review:

Process:  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2010-07-28.php
Handbook: http://docs.oasis-open.org/TChandbook/
Naming:   http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html

There are separate forms for requesting publication at CSD level
and for requesting public review (based upon a published CSD):

TC Administration Requests
http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCAdminRequests15-10-2010.html

I see that the PPS draft titles contain the word "Part", so the TC will
need to clarify whether the PPS work represents one single
3-part specification, or whether there are three separate work
products.  Please see the explanation about handling of
"Multi-Part Work Products" here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/TChandbook/Reference/WPQualityRequirements.html

and the corresponding rules for motions/ballots here:

(5) Multi-Part Work Products. A Work Product may be composed of
any number of files of different types, though any such multi-part
Work Product must have a single Work Product name and version
number. Irrespective of the number and status of the constituent
parts, the Work Product as a whole must be approved by a single
Work Product Ballot.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2010-07-28.php#quality-multiPart
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2010-07-28.php#dWPballot
  ballot for
   - approval of a Committee Specification Draft
   - start of a Public Review
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2010-07-28.php#WPapproval

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

- Robin

[1] 2010 Announcements about new Process, Handbook, etc:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tcmembers/201010/msg00000.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/chairs/201010/msg00001.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/chairs/201010/msg00002.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tcmembers/201010/msg00001.html