project-announce message

Subject: Official paperwork, signatures, and such

Dear Project Chairs,

Recently, we had a situation where someone on a project was asked to sign some paperwork associated with their project. Fortunately, the person contacted staff and asked what to do.

Please be aware all contracts go through OASIS, who is empowered to sign for any legal commitments. You should never be in a position where you are asked to sign something. You may not and should not be asked to sign any legal documentation, conveyances or MoUs on behalf of your TC/OP/PGB/etc. We take that karma on ourselves.ÂÂ

Should you receive such a request, please forward it to OASIS staff. We are ready and happy to help.Â

--

ChetÂEnsign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open