provision-comment message

Subject: [provision-comment] Proposed scope of work

I would like to start a discussion about our proposed scope of work.

This is a user provisioning use case where a user wants to use a simple
web service and needs to get an account with such a service:

1. User requests to use the web service (user x wants to use service y)
   either through the provisioning service or through the web service
itself.
2. User or provisioning service asks the web service for the data and
process
   needed to provision an account in its service (what data does this
service
   need to create an account and what is the procedure)
3. Web service answers with the data and procedure needed to provision an
account.
4. User or provisioning service follows the procedure and provides data
needed
   to create an account in web service y.
5. Account is created in web service y
6. User is notified and can start using the web service.

Is it within our scope to provide all of the XML messaging formats involved
in
the above? What is in our scope, what is not, and why?

Carlos A Silva
Senior XML Architect
VeriSign XML Trust Services