provision-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: chucka@hr-xml.org

I'm the Director of the HR-XML Consortium, Inc. Some members of our recruiting and staffing workgroup were recently discussing the development of a simple schema they might use to setup a user and their role on hosted recruiting systems. For example, an employer might work with a third-party hosted recruiting or staffing management system and may want to setup and maintain people in a number of different roles: hiring managers, hiring managers with active requisitions, and administrators (HR personnel) with review/approval rights.

Before these folks start on their recruiting systems provisioning schema, I thought they might want to look at whether they could accomplish their goals with SPML. What they have in mind is fairly simple. Any advice as to whether SPML would be of value? If so, can you provide or point me in the direction of example that might help illustrate SPML our our group? I've already passed on the URL to your 1.0 specification.

Best Regards,

Chuck Allen