Subject: [provision] Charter...

I the last meeting I proposed that we vote on the charter in the meeting
on jan 7th. From the discussions so far I see no reason the charter last
propsed by Darran can not meet our needs. I would like to have this
added to the agenda for the meeting. If we can not reach quorum on the
7th, then we should schedule an e-mail vote on this following the
meeting.

The last draft I saw of this was:

The purpose of the OASIS Provisioning Services Technical Committee
(PSTC) is to define an XML-based framework for exchanging user, resource

and service provisioning information. This framework is commonly
referred to as the Service Provisioning Markup Language (SPML).

The Technical Committee will develop an end-to-end, open specification
addressing the required semantics to exchange requests between
cooperating provisioning services. A provisioning service is defined as
any infrastructure component capable of consuming well formed SPML
request.

The finished specification is expected to include (but is not limited
to) core XML schemas for the following:

*       Query and exchange of available resources to provision to
*       Query and exchange of available resource attributes
*       Query and exchange of available resource identities
*       Query and exchange of resource hierarchies
*       Request and response for specific provisioning requests

The following are also initial assumptions relating to the scope and
nature of the SPML framework:

*       SPML assumes a pre-existing trust model between the SPML
requestor and the SPML  compliant service
*       Encryption and message integrity should be available at the
session level (via      SSL/TSL) and at the individual element level
though XML-Encryption and XML-  Signatures

The SPML specification will be developed with consideration of the
following existing specifications (which are of public knowledge,
accessible, and freely distributed).

*       Active Digital Profile (ADPr)
*       eXtensible Resource Provisioning Management (XRPM)
*       Information Technology Markup Language (ITML)

The PSTC will produce a set of one or more Committee Specifications that

will cover the following (all of which are to be examined with respect
to security considerations):

*       Use cases and requirements
*       Information model
*       Protocol(s)
*       Bindings
*       Conformance

The goal of the committee (subject to revision) is to submit a
Specification to the OASIS membership for its approval by September of
2002.

Product Architect
OpenNetwork Techologies
jbohren@opennetwork.com