Subject: [provision] Re: Provisioning Services

My $0.02 .........I think these services should & must be standardized
for web services to realize their promise, but I'm not certain that
there is as much market interest as logic would suggest at this time.
Enterprises don't seem to be that interested in metering and accounting,
certainly not for intra-corporate purposes. So this issue is solely
related to 'service' offerings, with a somewhat limited market today.
What do the folks within the xSP value chain think?

JA

Subject: [provision] Provisioning Services
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:12:52 -0500
From: Karl Gottschalk <karlgott@us.ibm.com>
To: provision@lists.oasis-open.org

In the IBM Web Services Toolkit we have a group of utility web services
called "provisioning services" that do things like metering and
accounting for business web services.  We would like to move toward
having the WSDL interfaces and schemas for these services standardized
and are looking for the right place to do this.  I would like your
opinion (if you have one) as to whether standardizing such services that
help with provisioning should be a future activity of the Provisioning
Services TC, or whether IBM should work to start another (related)
technical committee to do this work.  If you know of an existing
standardization effort in this area, that would be useful information as
well.

Karl Gottschalk
tie 441-9611
ext. 919-543-9611
begin:vcard
n:Aisien;John E.
tel;cell:646 489 9561
tel;work:212 374 9800 or 917 322 2178
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Thor Technologies, Inc
version:2.1
email;internet:john.aisien@thortech.com
title:VP Business Development
adr;quoted-printable:;;445 Park Avenue=0D=0A;New York;NY;10022;
end:vcard