Subject: Re: [provision] A Proposal for using DSML for Provisioning

Tony,

You correct about the limitations of DSML. In the first draft of my proposal
I pointed out that DSML can not directly support SPML User Cases 2, 6, 7,
and 10, where the requestee generates some of the information from the
request. My idea to handle that, was to create an extension to DSML called a
addPartialRequest and a corresponding addPartialResponse. The
addPartialRequest would not require a DN and the addPartialResponse would
have the equivalent of a DSML search repsonse entry in addition to the
results. this would contain the information derived from the request.

I had planed to post a revised draft for the Proposal to the group today (by
coincidence). I will try to do that today.

Jeff B.