Subject: [provision] FW: Base SPML on SAML rather than DSML?

fyi...

-----Original Message-----
From: Hallam-Baker, Phillip [mailto:pbaker@verisign.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 8:00 AM
To: DeSouza, Edwin; Gavenraj Sodhi; Darran.Rolls@waveset.com
Cc: hal.lockhart@entegrity.com; tim.moses@entrust.com;
pmishra@netegrity.com; Jeff.Hodges@sun.com; eve.maler@sun.com;
pbaker@verisign.com
Subject: RE: Base SPML on SAML rather than DSML?

I would strongly suggest you look at the use of the SAML 'Assertion'
framework as a means of packaging SPML statements. The assertion package
provides a common framework for managing assertion statements which can be
wrapped arround any form of statement.

It would certainly be very convenient if SPML specified a means of
provisioning an abstract SAML assertion. Then SPML could be used to
provision any SAML assertion or assertion that uses the SAML assertion
framework.

		Phill