Subject: RE: [provision] Additional aggregation/composition use cases requ ired?

From some previous investigation on this aggregate service model, we
discovered that if the front end PSP is simply signing people up for
services provided by other PSP's, then the identity of the subscriber
has to be carried through. The first PSP is simply a broker or a vender
providing some value-add on top of the back end service. However, since
the back-end services are most likely personalized in some way for the
subscriber, knowing who the subscriber is can be very important to the
back-end service provider. The billing can be simplified for the
back-end service provider by having a front-end aggregator, but the
identity of the subscriber is still important.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: mpolan@ca.ibm.com [mailto:mpolan@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 3:02 PM
To: provision@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [provision] Additional aggregation/composition use cases
requ ired?

Good question, I was wondering the same thing.  In the simple
aggregation
case I think the answer is probably yes.  In the composition case, I
think
the answer is maybe, depending on the type of back end service.  But in
the
retail/wholesale case I was thinking often no, that the PSP would be
sharing a single resource among the RAs/Users, and that single resource
would be in effect owned by the PSP.  That is only the retailer would
have
an account (PSTD) on the wholesaler's system.

Looking at what I've written, I didn't really distinguish between the RA
and the users, and you're right, I should have.

Mike Polan
IBM Canada Ltd

|         |           Tony Gullotta    |
|         |           <TGullotta@access|
|         |           360.com>         |
|         |           09/16/2002 05:49 |

---|

provision@lists.oasis-open.org

  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  RE: [provision] Additional aggregation/composition
use cases requ       ired?

---|

Although the identity of the RA is not known by the backend PSPs, the
identity of the individual subscribing for the service itself will be
known, correct?

Tony