Subject: User object in use cases, was: [provision] Agenda for 09/30/2002 PSTCcon-call

From what I could see though, the use cases that need a user object never
in themselves use the data directly.  I agreed with the discussion during
the meeting that it could be tricky to try to impose a schema over the user
data.  Can the user data be different in order to capture specifics about
the service being requested, or could it contain extra information related
to personalization of the service?  Could we instead say that there is a
portion of the create PSU-ID request in which the user information should
be sent, and recommend a few standards that could be used without imposing
one?

It also seemed that this was related to the cardinality of the PSU-ID to
users in the PSP system.  Since the RA can generate a PSU-ID, does that
imply that the RA would control the cardinality, so that the PSP shouldn't
even need to check the PSU data to verify whether this was a new or
modified user?  Or do we expect the PSP to associate multiple PSU-IDs with
a single user by recognizing duplicates?  My inclination is the former, as
it seems that the latter, though perhaps easier to use, might be
unnecessarily restrictive.

Mike Polan
IBM Canada Ltd

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           Yoav Kirsch          |
|         |           <Yoav.Kirsch@business|
|         |           layers.com>          |
|         |                                |
|         |           10/02/2002 06:55 AM  |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       "'Darran Rolls '" <Darran.Rolls@waveset.com>, "'provision@lists.oasis-open.org '" <provision@lists.oasis-open.org>               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  RE: [provision] Agenda for 09/30/2002 PSTC con-call                                                                              |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |

 Darren,
I recheck the use case and we should support user object. This is to
support
use cases 1-3, which deals with the PSP user management.
Since this is the case I suggest that we PSP will support the LDAP user
object. There are few reasons
1. LDAP user object is the most popular between the suggested standard.
2. Most of the provisioning tool out there today are based on LDAP
directory
and already support this entity. This will ease the integration between
SPML
and legacy provision systems

Another issue
While going over the use case document version 4 I notice that use case 1
appears twice ( as 1 and 2). also use case 15-17 have the same name and use
cases 9,10.

Yoav Kirsch
Business Layers