Subject: [provision] Introduction: Jamcracker

Title: Message
Hi,
Jamcracker used to be an active participant in SAML and SPML.  But, we have not been active for a while.  We intend to provide real world feedback on Provisioning issues in "WebServices Market Ecosystems".

What is an "Market Ecosystem"?
-- A large number of Consumers (Companies+Users)
-- A large number of Providers
-- A large number of Services
-- A large number of "Shops" who facilitate transactions between the Consumers and the Providers.  (NOTE:  In the physical world, Shops would be HomeDepot, Macy's etc.  In WebSerices, think about Charles Schawb.  I will explain in a separate email).

Jamcracker is such a "Shop".  We provide "in the sky":
-- Catalog of Services (40+ at last count)
-- Provisioning
-- Billing
-- Reporting
-- SSO
-- Company+User Administration

Providing a Catalog of 40+ applcations, meant that we had to come up with atleast 40 different ways of doing SSO.  A total waste of energy.  Luckily, Netegrity had started S2ML and Securant had started AuthML.  We contibuted our usecases.  They merged their effort and SAML was born.

The next major item was Provisioning.  Again, we contibuted our usecases to SPML.  I will be providing details in additional emails.

regards,
Edwin DeSouza
Director, Product Management,
Jamcracker, inc.