Subject: [provision] Proposed Face-2-face agenda and meeting format

Folks

In order to drive the agenda and format of our F2F meeting this week I have pulled together a draft of the committee specification document (placed unlinked on the docs section of the site [1] rather than send copies out to everyone – see below).  Based on this draft, I’d like to propose the following agenda for our two days this week.

In outline, I propose we all get together for the first couple of hours to review the specification format etc. after which we break into two sub-groups, one to work on the core schema (starting from JeffB’s original proposal), the other to drill into the supporting documentation and to look at a timeline.

Here is the outline.  If here is general agreement I’ll drop this onto a timed agenda so we can endeavor to meet our goals for the meeting.  Below the agenda is also a skeleton outline for the core specification document that explains the attached draft document.  We’ll use this to drive the Track Two discussion.

SPML Face-2-Face Agenda

·          Review Agenda

·          Review F2F Goals

o        Agree specification contents

o        Push core schema work forwards

o        Define task lists and task owners

o        Define timetable for competition

·          General review committee deliverables

o        Core Specification

o        Schema

o        Use Cases

o        Glossary

o        Business Paper

·          General review of Specification document

o        Agree sections

o        Define editors

o        Volunteers for included work items

·          Define sub-groups/tracks (if applicable)

o        Track One: Core schema

§         Take the schema definition for operations and protocol down a level.  GOAL: ready draft schema

o        Track Two:  Specification document readiness

§         Review proposed sections and take each a step lower.  GOAL: clear definition on section content, level of effort and owners??

·          Timeline

o        Take feedbacks from two sub-groups and Assess workload against timeline.  GOAL: updated timeline and delivery date

Core Specification Outline

·          Document editing & presentation

o        Primary editorial and finished doc management – formats, review cycle, use of alias, volunteers

·          Cut down glossary

o        Take the completed glossary and take out any terms used in the spec document

·          Schema organization and namespace

o        Agree namespace

·          Background section

o        Description

§         Short description on why we are standardizing the provisioning request/response model

o        Requirements (non-normative)

§         Add in completed requirements text (cutNpaste)

·          Models

o        Data-flow diagram

§         Create a pseudo data-flow model that shows the provisioning flows between the RA, PSP & PST

o        Object Model

§         Take the intro model stuff from the use cases, tidy, check and insert

·          Examples

o        Provide three examples that show how SPML may be used in possibly the following

§         IT Provisioning

§         Cross organizational provisioning

§         MSP/ASP provisioning

·          SPML Operations (normative)

o        Normative description of the SPML operational elements

·          SPML Request/Response Protocol (normative)

o        Normative description of the SPML r/r protocol elements

·          Functional Requirements

o        RA

§         Normative definition of the implementation of RA functionality

o        PSP

§         Normative definition of the implementation of PSP functionality

o        PST

§         Normative definition of the implementation of PST functionality

o        PSU

§         Normative definition of how a PSP/PST should implement the PSU and PSU-ID models proposed in the specification

·          Extensibility

o        Define envisioned extension points for SPML (R/R protocol, ID types, operations?)

·          Security and privacy considerations

o        Threat model

o        Safeguards

·          Conformance

o        Define model for checking conformance (test plans, code ??)