Subject: RE: [provision] missing use cases?

Keep in mind though that a PST that sends a modification as client to the
PSP will need to be able to indicate (for the PSP sake)  that this is a
notification and not  and update to the real object at the PST (otherwise
the PSP may try to provision this update as if it was an RA requesting it) .
In any case, I would say that this can also be an extended request of some
kind unless we formalize something more structured in the specs.

Doron

Doron Cohen
BMC Software

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Bohren [mailto:jbohren@opennetwork.com]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 7:43 PM
To: provision@lists.oasis-open.org

Looking at the case where there is a local change on a PST that needs to get
updated in a PSP, there are two solutions, both supportable by our draft
SPML spec:

1) The PSP discovers the change using an SPML search (reconciliation).
2) The PST acts as client to the PSP (which acts as a server) to send the
change as a modification request (serves as an asynchronous notification).

I do not believe that we need to add explicit asynchronous notification
operations at this point.

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc