Subject: RE: [provision] missing use cases?

I would say that although this approach is possible but since it may not be
applicable to all binding types, I recommend to allow for both extended
request or the PST acting as RA to be valid and leave it for the
implementation.
If down the road we would like to include a specific definition for 2.0 , we
can do it by creating the appropriate use cases and protocol definitions.

Doron

-----Original Message-----
From: Darran Rolls [mailto:Darran.Rolls@waveset.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 10:15 PM
To: Jeff Bohren; provision@lists.oasis-open.org

So in conclusion (and for the 1.0 record)

The current specification does allow for an asynchronous notification
"upstream" between a PST and a PSP.  This protocol flow is not called out in
the 1.0 use cases nor is it reflected in new or specific operations.  The
recommended implementation for this model would be for the PST to function
as an RA and make an independent Add/Modify/Delete request back to the PSP,
requesting change (aka notification) to a "service" schema that is in effect
"change notification".

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com
Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com
(512) 657 8360

URL
> > and differentiate between RAs making requests and PSTs posting
updates
> > based on the principle of the web service client.
> >
> > Unless you want to support anonymous provisioning request, there
> should
> > be no problem differentiating provisioning requests from an RA from
> > notifications from a PST.
> >
> > Jeff Bohren
> > Product Architect
> > OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc

requesting
> > it) .
> > In any case, I would say that this can also be an extended request
of
> > some
> > kind unless we formalize something more structured in the specs.
> >
> > Doron
> >
> > Doron Cohen
> > BMC Software

(reconciliation).
> > 2) The PST acts as client to the PSP (which acts as a server) to
send
> > the
> > change as a modification request (serves as an asynchronous
> > notification).
> >
> > I do not believe that we need to add explicit asynchronous
> notification
> > operations at this point.
> >
> > Jeff Bohren
> > Product Architect