Subject: RE: [provision] Reuse in SPML

I have also been very absent from much of these conversations and much
of it has to do with the discussion in this thread.

I don't think that the requirement of matching the model to DSML closely
for mindshare reasons is justified for what needs to be done.  As I've
stated before in previous meeting, we should be focused on providing a
model that fits the need directly and not derail the innovation by
trying to align too closely another standard that is not offering a
great deal of leverage.

I also understand that this type of functionality is working within
OpenNetwork's product today, but does this mean that it's the right
model that the entire industry should be moving towards?  OpenNetwork's
decision to leverage DSML could be contributed to the lack of an SPML
model being readily available.  So by providing an SPML model that looks
like DSML might be great for OpenNetwork or anyone else that has done
the same, but for the future of SPML is this the right way to go?

Now this may be a bit late in the game, but I agree with Gearard that we
should really put a little bit more time to decide if this is the model
that we want presented to the industry as our recommendation for a
provisioning schema.

Thanks,
Conrad Agramont
Program Manager