Subject: RE: [provision] Simple example scenario

Jeff,
I'm attaching a set of documents that attempt to take that next step.  As I
said in a previous message, I'm punting on the filtered search for now
until there is at least some feedback on the overall strategy but the
scenario does include provisioning an e-mail account.  To view the
scenario, unzip the attached file and open examples/telecom/telecom.html.
Gerry

(See attached file: scenario.zip)

|         |           "Jeff Bohren"    |
|         |           <jbohren@opennetw|
|         |           ork.com>         |
|         |           03/04/2003 04:51 |
  |       To:       Gearard Woods/Irvine/IBM@IBMUS                                                                               |
  |       cc:       <provision@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                                             |
  |       Subject:  RE: [provision] Simple example scenario                                                                      |

Gerry,

Gerry,

I suggest doing email as at least as a part; since that is what we
already have examples for in the current draft specifications. It should
not be much work to add it to what you have already laid out.

Anyway, the next step should be for you to take the scenario you suggest
(with an added email component) and lay out the specific RAs, PSPs, and
PSTs and do a rough system design. It does not need to be in detail, but
there needs to be enough information that you can do the examples using
your proposed approach and I can do the examples using the current
approach.

There is still one concern, however. I'm not sure if this scenario will
illustrate the filtered search problem. I have no problem doing this
exercise, since it should be very informative, but I will not support
changing the current data model without a corresponding filtered search
solution.

Perhaps as part of the provisioning process there could be some searches
done for possible pre-existing similar accounts at the service
providers?

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc