Subject: RE: [provision] Simple example scenario

Agreed.  Lets aim for Mondays meeting to have a high-level overview of
Gerry's proposal with pro-s & cons and the same for the current
specification. At this meeting I propose we achieve the following:

- Evenly access propos and cons of each approach
- Understand the impact and next steps for both
- Take a committee vote on Gerry's proposal

I'd also like the committee to keep in mind that regardless of the
outcome, this debate is very positive. In two weeks we have driven new
concepts and "test cases" through the current specification and enhanced
our common understanding of the current and future models for a
provisioning protocol.  In re-opening this issue I believe Gerry has
helped us take a step back and review our current specification outside
the current delivery chain.  This can only be a good thing.

With that, I would also like to add that this is not a win/loose
situation for either side of the debate - it's all good!  Remember the
TC is bigger than the 1.0 specification. It is my sincere hope that that
we have achieved so far in this committee is the start of an ongoing
process that goes past 1.0 to address the needs of a growing and
changing market.  Specifications can and do change - 1.0 is a release
not a fixed immutable point in time or functionality...

As this is an important decision point for the committee I suggest all
members attend Monday's call.  Gavenraj,  I suggest you and I spend some
time this week to accurately assess member status to ensure we have a
clear published list of voting members ready for the meeting.

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com
Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com
512) 657 8360