Subject: Re: [provision] Proposal comparisons...

I'm attaching my perspective on the recent debate and a quick comparison of
the two approaches.  Rather than duplicate Jeff's document where he goes
through the use cases, I've tried to summarize each approach and what the
important points of comparison are.  This is, of course, from my
perspective so it's less than objective but I've tried to represent the
arguments as fairly as possible.  Sorry for the late posting.
Gerry

(See attached file: SPML Approach Comparative Summary.rtf)

|         |           Jeff Bohren      |
|         |           <jbohren@opennetw|
|         |           ork.com>         |
|         |           03/13/2003 08:03 |
  |       To:       provision@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [provision] Proposal comparisons...                                                                          |

I am still not satisfied that we understand enough about how the GW
proposal would implement modifications in order to make a proper decisions.
But I understand we need to close this one way or the other on Monday, so
attached is my summary of how the two approaches compare.

I will be out of the office on Fri, and will be unable to discuss these
issues further until Mon.

Jeff Bohren
 OpenNetwork Technologies

#### Proposal_Evaluation_01.doc has been removed from this note on March
16, 2003 by Gearard Woods

SPML Approach Comparative Summary.rtf