Subject: Two minor problems...

While working on the bindings document I discovered two minor problems we should address.

1) The status request originally had a mechanism for asking for the results of the asynchronous request to be returned in addition to the status.  This was removed by a motion at a previous conference call. Without this feature you can not support asynchronous add request that return the generated identity (use case 2). You also can not support asynchronous extended requests that return data. You also can not support any asynchronous request that returns operational attributes. And finally, you can not support asynchronous searches.

To fix this I would like to make a motion at today's meeting to restore the original functionality. The specific motion would be:

Motion to add the optional capability to return the results of a request in the status response message.

2) The File Binding does not have a good way to handle bulk import and export of accounts and other provisioned data. If we added a simple data envelop element to core, then this feature could be supported. This would allow a standalone file to be defined that would specify and other provisioned data. The specific motion would be:

Motion to add an element that could hold an arbitrary list of provisioning data for use in the File Binding.

Jeff Bohren
OpenNetwork Technologies