Subject: RE: [provision] Two minor problems...

I would agree with that except for the case of asynchronous searches. If we are going to support asynchronous searches we need a way for the requestor to get the status of the search request without getting the search results.

We could go back to the original method, but make the "respond with flag" on the status request to default to respond with a full response (i.e. status and data). For search request status, the request could set this flag to status only.

Also to simplify this, I would propose that the status response never return result data until the original request is complete. In other words, there will never be a partial results set returned. That is something that might be usefull for searches, but probably adds too much complexity.

Jeff Bohren
OpenNetwork Technologies

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Cohen, Doron [mailto:Doron_Cohen@bmc.com]
	Sent: Mon 3/24/2003 10:07 AM
	To: Jeff Bohren; provision@lists.oasis-open.org

	1) I agree we should have a way to return the responses of the asynchronous
	request as part of the StatusRequest, but I really did not like the original
	use of returnType that was aimed to select between Status or Response .  I
	would prefer to have an optional response element as part of the
	StatusResponse without the need to select in StatusRequest whether I choose
	one or the other  .

	Doron Cohen
	BMC Software