Subject: RE: Two level result codes

I believe using the same ProviderID maintains the same extensibility
mechanism as we do for schema and ext-request so it would not be too complex
in that sense. In any case, both my original proposal and the custom option
works for me.

Doron Cohen
BMC Software

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Bohren [mailto:jbohren@opennetwork.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 5:40 PM
To: Cohen, Doron; provision@lists.oasis-open.org

I am a little concerned about adding another extensibility mechanism when we
already have one in place. The operational attributes can already be defined
in the SPML schema for which the provider is defined.

Perhaps we could define an error code called "Custom". If the error code is
set to custom then it is assumed that all error information is included in
the operational attributes, in one or more attributed defined in the SPML
schema for that service. This mechanism allows extended error codes to be
defined that are tied to a provider.

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc