Subject: RE: [provision] Agenda for r5/5/03 PSTC con-call

Lets not limit ourselves to look at this as a batch replacement. It is not
the main issue, I believe . I would focus on the ability of the SPML server
(PSP in most cases) to break down a request of a client (RA , probably) to
multiple sub requests and allow the RA to track each of those . One example
can be the provisioning of a new class of students (the year of 2004) as a
single request coming from the RA to the PSP which is broken down by the PSP
to dozens of requests, each sub-request being traceable separately for each
student .

All it takes, in terms of the protocol, is to allow multiple IDs to be
optionally returned for a single request. I do not believe we loose anything
from adding this option, but there might be some very nice benefits to PSP
implementations.

Doron

-----Original Message-----
From: Darran Rolls [mailto:Darran.Rolls@waveset.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 1:23 AM
To: Cohen, Doron; Jeff Bohren
Cc: Elron, Rami; provision@lists.oasis-open.org

Could someone describe the functional benefit this has over using a batch?
He have to be cautious to separate nice-to from have-to as we close off the
1.0 release...

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com
Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com
512) 657 8360

return
> multiple IDs instead of exactly one.
>
> Doron

and
> filter). This approach would provide new functionality.
>

> Jeff Bohren
> Product Architect
> OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc

for