Subject: RE: [provision] RE: SPML roadmap

Darran,

Attached is my updated document, including more information on the mappings.

Best regards,

Rami.

Rami Elron
Senior System Architect
Security Business Unit
BMC Software Ltd.

Tel: 972 3 766 2434
Fax: 972 3 645 1100
Mobile: 972 64 286 434
email: rami_elron@bmc.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Darran Rolls [mailto:Darran.Rolls@waveset.com]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 5:41 PM
To: Elron, Rami; provision@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [provision] RE: SPML roadmap

Rami

Thanks for pulling this together, great job.  I believe you have
captured the essence of our roadmap.  Obviously we need to get further
review from the membership but we have a good start.  I'd like to get
two things out of this:

1 - An open discussion and agreement on the core of the roadmap.  I
offer a summary of this below to further start this.

2 - A review and publication of the results (based on your document)
included as a TC document on our site before say, the middle of June?

So, to summarize the roadmap (and promote analysis):

Release 1.1 - "Standard Fields"
-------------------------------
- Define standard provisioning schema for agreed core services
- Possible first service a basic identity taken from one of several
  emerging standards (CIQ, Liberty...)
- First "draft" of this possible as part of the 2003 interop scenario

Release 2.0
-----------
- Starting later this summer
- Data mapping protocol - can you explain this further
- Verb mapping protocol - can you explain this further
- Command sets - defining a workflow binding for SPML based on suitable
  related standard (WSBPEL)
- Discovery - discovery binding for UDDI

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com
Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com
512) 657 8360

SPML road map 1.1.pdf