Subject: RE: [provision] Interop working group call

10:00 a.m. CT on Wednesday will work with my schedule.

-Gavenraj

Gavenraj Sodhi
Senior Technology Analyst

Business Layers
The eProvisioning Company(tm)

P: (949) 388-0088
M: (949) 350-8808
F: (949) 767-5851
www.businesslayers.com
This e-mail message and any attachments are strictly confidential and
are privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
Business Layers immediately, by replying to this message, or by sending
an e-mail to: gavenraj.sodhi@businesslayers.com, and destroy all copies
of this message and any attachments. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Darran Rolls
To: provision@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Glenn_sulzberg@peoplesoft.com; sam.tang@mycroftinc.com
Sent: 5/19/03 5:32 PM
Subject: [provision] Interop working group call

As discussed on today's call we need to quickly convene a working group
call to iron out a new scenario for the interop.  I propose we do this
at 10am central Wednesday 5/21.  I know there is no way this time is
going to work for everyone; we need Glenn, Sam and those committee
members that want to help drive this re-work.  Take a cold hard look at
your calendars and let me know if this will work.

As a pre-curser to this call I have an idea.  In the real world, an SPML
compliant PSFT would not operate as a full PSP (doing service/rules/role
based provisioning out to digital and no-digital resources).  It would
likely send its SPML event to a PSP for onward processing and all that
jazz.  Because we have many different vendors and applications
participating in this event, it arguably does not make sense for the
PSFT implementation to be responsible for managing the host of
asynchronous events needed for the interop.

It might make sense for Mycroft to be the (for want of a better term)
"fan out module" that takes this single event and propagates it to all
the  PSP/PST's at the event.  In effect Mycroft would be developing a
limited functionality PSP that would be vendor/product/solution
independent.  This module would serve as an SPML multiplexer, supplying
the glue to make the scenario work.

Something along these lines would allow us to show a scenario that
includes PSFT, Mycroft and the current list of PSP/PST vendors to be
shown all working together.

Food for thought - let me know about Wednesday.

Thanks

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com

Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com

512) 657 8360