Subject: Password constraints for Catalyst SPML interop

Hi, any password provided by the Interop User will need to satisfy the
requirements of the individual PSP/PSTs. Although I suspect this won't be an
issue, I suggest that all PSPs submit these requirements so that we can
determine what minimum criteria will satisfy all.

After  appropriate configuration, Entrust's minimum requirement for the
password is simply that it be '1' character or greater, with no restrictions
on case, etc.

If this rule works for other PSPs then there is no need to confirm. If
another PSP requires more constrained passwords (e.g. more characters,
upper-case, forbidden characters, etc) that can't be configured out/avoided
then they should alert the group.

To prevent unnecessary SPML error messages, it seems simplest to catch
non-conformant passwords as early as possible, either at the PSFT HTML
interface, the PSFT app, or at Mycroft. The easiest would likely be the
first option, using a bit of Javascript to catch them (in addition to a
textual prompt besides the text box.)

Regards

Paul

Paul Madsen