Subject: RE: [provision] Updated Interop Spec

1) I would like to keep it simple, and although possible, I prefer that the
RA generates the identifier for the addRequest and not the PSP. As the mode
would be asynchronous request, I am not sure the RA will be able to display
the generated identifier without the PSPs support of statusRequest .

2) I would like to join Jeff here as I also feel we should avoid WS-Security
in the interop scenario as we will not be enforcing it.

Doron Cohen
Chief Architect, Security BU
BMC Software

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Bohren [mailto:jbohren@opennetwork.com]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 9:29 PM
To: provision@lists.oasis-open.org

Looking at section 5 I have a couple of suggestions:

1) If we are only going to support add requests, but not modify or delete,
we could use the addRequest without specifying the identifier. In this case
each of the PSPs would return the SPML identifier which was derived from the
provisioning data (which the client would ignore).

2) Once again I will raise my objection to mixing WS-Security into this
interop. We have enough to worry about without adding this extra effort and
risk. This is outside of the scope of the PS TC and has nothing to do with
our efforts. To me, pretending we are doing WS-Security without actually
enforcing it is worse than just not doing it all.

3) The attribute names in the sample add request do not match the SPML
schema I sent out for review. We should change the sample to match the
schema or vice-versa.

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc