Subject: Interop issues...

Title: Message

Two issues came out of the interop that I would like to address on todays call.

1) The is a mismatch between the SPML Specification and the SPML XSD file. The XSD file incorrectly references the DSML elements that are used in SPML. I would like to make the following motion:

Change the SPML XSD file to reference the DSML elements so as to match the SPML Specification.

2) The issue of attribute name case sensitivity was not specified in the SPML Specification. I have two concerns with specifying attribute names as case sensitive. First, I do not think it is a good idea for "X" and "x" to mean two different attribute names. Second, I do not want to our SPML clients frustrated because thir spelled sAMAccountName as SAMAccountName or samAccountName. I would like to make a motion to add the following normative text addressing this issue:

SPML Servers MAY treat attribute names as case-sensitive. SPML Servers MAY NOT use case sensitivity to distinguish attributes. An SPML client SHOULD use the attribute names in the same case as defined in the SPML Schema for the SPML service.

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc