Subject: RE: [provision] Agenda for PSTC Committee Conference Call 11-10-2003

Hi Darran,

I noticed that my suggestions at the conference call were not incorporated in your document. I'd appreciate if you could add the following as additional points for discussion.

The points are:

1. Generally, SPML V2 should address any additional issues described in the SPML roadmap document.

2. SPML V2 should specify a common data model schema for provisioning typical use cases (what was originally planned for v1.1).

3. SPML V2 should specify guidelines for creation of custom ‘standard’ data models (schemas) and enable the referencing of such models. This functionality could allow third party practices to devise their own data models and reference them from their schemas in a standard way.

4. SPML V2 should specify how to build compound, custom operation requests based on the core commands. One plausible approach to accomplish that would be to create named request sequences ('named batches') using extended (pre-configured) requests.

5. SPML V2 should provide an enhanced meta-information reply mechanism, accommodating sequenced operations - providing information pertinent to response ‘ingredients’.

6. SPML V2 should allow including multiple messages in the response

7. SPML V2 should enable to specify an identifier in the operational attributes in the response for add/modify/delete operations

8. SPML V2 should accommodate requirements to express special objects relationships, such as users - groups, etc.

9. SPML V2 should support 'named' queries - and a method of referencing such  for applying operations on pertinent result sets (e.g. modifyRequest used to change an attribute value for all users whose IDs were returned by a specific query)

10. Obviously - SPML V2 should offer support for accommodating hierarchical, complex data structures, as already discussed.

In addition, I believe that the document should reference the SPML roadmap document, too.

Many thanks,

Rami.