Subject: RE: [provision] Groups - pstc-minutes-11102002.html uploaded

Jesus,

I posted a proposal to address the complex data type issue a while back.
As you suggested, the approach uses the xsd:any placeholder for complex
data and uses an Xpath-like mechanism for filtering on the contents of
the complex data.

I am attaching the proposal (I'm not sure where it is on the PS-TC
site). Let me know what you think.

BTW, I will be posting a revised proposal before the next F2F that
covers more of the issues in the current issues list and the current
draft requirements spec.

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc

Try the industry's only 100% .NET-enabled identity management software.
Download your free copy of Universal IdP Standard Edition today. Go to
www.opennetwork.com/eval.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fernandez, Jesus J [mailto:Jesus.Fernandez@ca.com]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 9:53 AM
To: Elron, Rami; Darran.Rolls@waveset.com;
provision@lists.oasis-open.org

Darran,

I'm not sure if we still have time to introduce one more enhancement for
the 2.0 scope. If we do, I'd like to propose the following:

- Several of the issues currently listed in the issues doc are asking
for adding a more flexible mechanism for passing XML data in a request
(issues 1.1.13 and 1.1.17). Even 1.0 some how left the door open for
having free XML data within the <spml:attributes> by including the
<xsd:any> element as a child. However, when it comes down to search
objects using a filter it only supports a dsml:filter. The enhancement
I'm proposing is to provide the means for a more open and flexible
filtering mechanism that will allow a filter to refer to any XML data.
This filter mechanism could be base on XPath or any other similar
standard.

Thanks,

Jesus Fernandez
Computer Associates