Subject: RE: [provision] Multiple targets with the ONT proposal

While it may not have been a specific requirement in the 2.0 discussion at the last F2F, this certainly was a requirement in the 1.0 Use Cases (Query Available PSTs). I do believe that we should not hamstring ourselves by this document if our requirements have evolved beyond it, but the ability to query targets seems very important to me, and not solely in the RA->PSP scenario. Whatever about the argument regarding its relative importance in different conversation scenarios, I for one believe that the any reasonable proposal should not preclude the ability to perform the operation. I'd be interested in feedback from other members of the committee on the question.

However you introduce the notion into the ONT proposal, I would highlight that I also believe it is important to associate targets with a specific schema. I also think it is valuable to provide an association between each target and the provisioned state (items/entries/PSOs or whatever other name you prefer) related to the target. Again, it would be useful to get other perspectives on this from the other provisioning vendors on the committee.
Gerry

Inactive hide details for "Jeff Bohren" <jbohren@opennetwork.com>"Jeff Bohren" <jbohren@opennetwork.com>

          "Jeff Bohren" <jbohren@opennetwork.com>

          03/02/2004 07:16 AM