Subject: RE: [provision] One or many data models?

Title: Message
Again, there is no functional difference. The ONT Proposal could easily accomodate that model, although I did not call it out in the proposal. The schema response could be defined without any explicit dependencies on the spml:schema or the xsd:schema elements. Any schema notation could be used.

If the proposal was clarified to make the schema notation as well as the schema detemined at runtime, would you still have an objection on this issue?

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc

Try the industry's only 100% .NET-enabled identity management software. Download your free copy of Universal IdP Standard Edition today. Go to www.opennetwork.com/eval.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gearard Woods [mailto:gewoods@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 5:29 PM
To: Jeff Bohren
Cc: provision@lists.oasis-open.org

Jeff,
You're missing my point, or perhaps you're just ignoring my point. It might help to review the approach used in the schema-related aspects of the WS-Provisioning document to see what I mean. It is probably not worth repeating again, but against my better judgement I will say this: WS-Provisioning does not require that target schema be defined using XML Schema. The actual schema language used by the target is not codified into the specification, as it obviously is in the ONT proposal. There is a simple, but nonetheless profound, and apparently confusing, difference here.
Gerry

Inactive hide details for "Jeff Bohren" <jbohren@opennetwork.com>"Jeff Bohren" <jbohren@opennetwork.com>

          "Jeff Bohren" <jbohren@opennetwork.com>

          03/02/2004 01:05 PM