Subject: RE: [provision] PSO/Account/ProvisionedState

As I pointed out previouslly, the  near-universal operations are not really schema idependent. You still need to know what PSOs can be disabled, enabled, expired, etc.

Jeff Bohren
OpenNetwork Technologies

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Jeff Larson [mailto:Jeff.Larson@waveset.com]
	Sent: Thu 3/25/2004 5:20 PM
	To: Gearard Woods; Jeff Bohren
	Cc: Gary Cole; provision@lists.oasis-open.org

	I haven't been following this that closely, but I like aspects of both approaches.  I like
	the notion that you can carry out near-universal operations like disable, enable, and expire,
	in a schema independent way.  But I also like the notion that I can at least obtain the current state
	from the model so I don't have to make 42 web services calls to get everything I want to display.

	I guess as long as the schema is arbitrary we can have it both ways.  If I choose
	to use fine grained standard operations I can.   If the PSP exposes the same functionality
	through the model, I can use that too, though I will be outside of the SPML spec.

	But we're on a slippery slope here.  Almost every account will have an associated
	password, email address, and full name.  Do we then provide individual operations
	to get and set those so we can access them in an standard way without having to be
	bothered with PSP specific schema?  How far does this go?

	Jeff