Subject: RE: [provision] Organizations and Targets...

This seems okay to me; I'm not opposed to the notion of Container
classes.  However, I want to ask a couple of questions.

1) A Target wouldn't be *just* a container, would it?  It'll still be
"special", won't it?  I understand that a Target contains provisioned
objects, but target is not itself a provisioned object.  The other
things we're talking about (like Organizations) would be provisioned
objects.  My concern here is that modeling a target as a container has
the potential to be confusing (if target is not clearly distinguished
from provisioned object).

2) Expressing containment alone (e.g., for an Organization) doesn't
convey any information that couldn't be expressed by reference (of the
provisioned object(s) to the container).  What advantage do you see in
modeling an Organization as "just" a container?  Is the idea that
containment would be the only aspect of organization that is specified,
and the rest is left open to the vendor/implementer/extender?  Or do we
still think that we'd want to model other aspects of these object
classes?

Gary