Subject: Re: [provision] PSO/Account/ProvisionedState

Title: Message
Jeff, did you get this?  I keep getting postmaster notifications that my email deliveries to your address failed.

I still very much want to understand your approach.

Gary
----- Original Message -----
From: Gary Cole
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 9:47 AM

Okay so far....

Wouldn't we call the attribute something more specific than "state" (since we've already agreed that there are several kinds of state)?  This feels like the "disabled" attribute in PrOM.  (Or are you perhaps suggesting that there is only a single "state" attribute, and that the set of interfaces that an object class supports determines the valid set of values for "state"?)

Suppose that Win2K supports immediate disablement and Solaris does not.  Further suppose that RACF supports *scheduled* enablement and disablement, but that Win2K does not.  In PrOM, I proposed three attributes to represent these: "disabled", "enableDate" and "disableDate".

How would RACF advertise its support for immediate disablement/enablement AND scheduled disablement/enablement?

Gary