Subject: Higher-level Scenario for Basic Use Cases

As promised, I took at a shot at developing a higher-level scenario for our basic use cases.  A fictional user named Joe-Bob goes through the identity lifecycle at Mega Corporation and its outsourced service providers.  Any resemblance to actual persons, whether living or dead, is purely incidental. :-)

There are little sections like:
- Joe-Bob gets a new job
- Joe-Bob picks a medical plan
- Joe-Bob rolls over his 401K
- Joe-Bob changes departments
- Joe-Bob takes a vacation
(and the finale...)
- Joe-Bob explores other opportunities

After each paragraph or so, I give the provisioning subtext, which shows how I think we could tie SPML operations to these "real-life" occurrences.  I think I managed to work in 1) internal and external provisioning; 2) delegated administration; 3) disabling and enabling; and 4) editing a composite identity.

If these aren't right, let's change 'em. Just take these as something to work from.  I just hope they get us moving forward.

Gary

The Ballad of Joe-Bob.doc