Subject: RE: [provision] RE: Account-specific operations (was "Basic Operations...")

Hey all!

Another good conversation everyone. Sadly I won't be attending the F2F, so I thought I'd throw in my $0.02 beforehand.

I agree with the two general sentiments:
1. Passwords are important enough to be included in the spec.
2. Passwords are not common enough to all PSO's to make explicit operations for them.

I do like the idea of having another interface for this, but I'm a little concerned about how this mechanism would actually work. I don't like the idea of having schema for some things and other mechanisms for others.

That said, I think a Facet Pattern would solve this quite nicely, and the same mechanism would be extensible to other PSO's (like OU's, Groups and things) down the road if desired.

Finally, adopting a State model sounds like we are going down the same road of making our own schema model vs. using something that is already out there. Perhaps one of the BPM models would be a better choice, since provisioning is very tied to workflow anyway? Or am I missing something here (very likely)?

Of course, I could be easy swayed by more of these insightful emails ... keep 'em comin'!

Have fun this week everyone!
-Sandy

---
Alex "Sandy" Walsh