Subject: RE: [provision] Response to Access Response

Title: Message
There is no direct way to do this in SPML 1.0. This seems like a workflow scenario where there is an approval process on the part of the RA before the account is provisioned. So far we have intentionally avoided explicit workflow in SPML, although it is implied in the asynchronous request/response model.

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc

Try the industry's only 100% .NET-enabled identity management software. Download your free copy of Universal IdP Standard Edition today. Go to www.opennetwork.com/eval.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Sherwood [mailto:Rob.Sherwood@exostar.com]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 8:31 AM
To: provision@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [provision] Response to Access Response

Is there any mechanism to respond negatively to an <AddResponse>?

What we envision is performing a sanity check on the attributes provided in the AddResponse. If we receive improper data, we'd like to let the sender know that we won't do our part of  the processing until the fix the attribute.

It may seem like a weird use case, but in a cooperative provisioning scenario the RA may have restrictions on the data provided by the PSP in the Response messages.

Thanks,

Robert Sherwood
Information Security Architect
Exostar