Subject: Re: [provision] Groups - 2.0-Relationships.pdf uploaded

Gary and Doron, to better explain:

PML can FULLY  provision Connections as follows:

<xsd:extension base="spml:SpmlRequest">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="identifier" type="spml:Identifier"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
<xsd:element name="identifier2" type="spml:Identifier"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
<xsd:element name="attributes" type="spml:Attributes"
/>

I added a line for identifier2 in my copy of spml 1.0
xsd. It is an optional identifier, so the request may
have a Pair of identifiers.

That means any SpmlRequest can have 2 Identifiers.
And everything else remains the same, we keep the
basic   set of SPML commands.

When the RA-PSP exchange occurs for a pair of
identifiers like (user1, group1) - objectclass can be
Connection and an attribute/value  in the Attributes
sequence can be connectionType=RACFGroupMembership.
Thus we cover every functionality needed to provision
Connections.

That means we do not need connect and
modify-connection commands:
Connect is done via spmlAdd (id1,id2)
Modify connection is likewise spmlUpd(id1, id2)
Similarly Disconnect will be done by spmlDel(id1,id2)

SchemaExchange I think is typed in spml 1.0  by the
objectClass. The objectClass determines the set of
Attributes (the schema).

To cover Connection, the Schema Exchange must also
have objectClass=Connection, and an attribute
ConnectionType=RACFGroupMembership, if it is desired
to have this granularity of SchemaExchange.

The main point is Identifiers pair as an option of
every SPML request. And solve all issues while keeping
simplicity - to have full coverage of "provisioning a
connection". That is - give SPML implementations the
power to provision Connections while containing this
power in the SPML commands (with two identifiers) -
and not in any complex data model.

My point Gary is not to limit (id1, id2) to
objectClass=Connection. In other words - avoid a fixed
affinity between the presence of Two identifiers and
some fixed concept (connection) in the Data Model. Its
just two identifiers in the SPML verb/command, that
will allow full semantics of provisioning Connections
- by minimal change in the Verbs (spml commands) -
change  to support from now TWO identifiers.

I hope I clarified  the basic idea of identifiers
pair.
Sorry - I am not up to date of spml 2.0, and hope that
referring to spml 1.0 - just to explain this
particular idea - is OK.

Shmuel Koller
Bank Leumi

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/provision/members/leave_workgroup.php.