Subject: Re: [provision] Async execution (was"Re: [provision] Asynchronou s requests").

Thank you, Jeff.  I agree that the client's effort to check the response
(and see that it is complete rather than pending) is not very large.  I
also understand that certain providers will not support asynchronous
operations at all.

Since the requestor has a way to specify that either type of execution
is okay (that is, by omitting the execution attribute of the request)
and since this is implicitly the default, shouldn't a provider that will
not support asynchronous operations fail any request that specifies
execution="asynchronous"? (We can have it return result="failed" and
error="unsupportedExecutionType" to make this clear.)

gpc