Subject: Keeping results of asychronous operations.

A provider will eventually want to forget about a completed asynchronous
operation. I can think of two approaches.  Neither approach excludes the
other.
1) A provider can save the results of asynchronous operations for a
certain amount of time.
2) A provider can send a final, unsolicited response to the requestor.

I prefer the first approach.  I like the simplicity and consistency of a
response always being a synchronous reply to a request.  (However, if
someone wants to make a case for the second approach, I'll listen.
Neither approach excludes the other.)

Assuming the first approach, we still have options to consider.
1a) A provider should keep results for each completed asynchronous
operation for a certain amount of time.
1b) A provider should keep results for each completed asynchronous
operation for a certain amount of time OR until a requestor uses the
status operation to obtain the final results of the operation, whichever
comes first.

gpc