Subject: Modify section is messed up.

Reviewers,

The 'modify' section (in the draft_protocol section that is up for
review tomorrow) is really messed up, but no one has mentioned it yet.
This suggests to me that (either all of you are far too polite or) no
one has read that far.

I would be happy to submit a corrected version. (Another option is to
skip the modify section entirely.)  Opinions?