Subject: Issue 15, request IDs for synchronous requests...

Issue 15 reads:

15.    Remove (optional) requestID from SpmlRequestType

          and add (required) requestID to CancelRequestType

          and add (required) requestID to StatusRequestType

Removing the request ID from the SpmlRequestType would have a huge implication. First, this ID is also used for the purpose of digitally signing the request, if that is desired. Second, the request ID may be needed for out-band-usage such as auditing and debugging. If anything I would lean more towards making the request ID mandatory for every request.

It also seems that status and cancel request could be improved by having the ID of the request being statused or canceled as a sepparate ID. In otherwords one ID for the status request itself, and another ID for the request for which the status is being queired.

Regardless, I think this deserves some more discussion.

Jeff Bohren

Product Architect

OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc

Try the industry's only 100% .NET-enabled identity management software. Download your free copy of Universal IdP Standard Edition today. Go to www.opennetwork.com/eval.