Subject: WSRF handling of QNames in XPath...

To see how WSRF is planning on handling QNames in XPath statements, see:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/email/archives/200410/msg00085.html

Essentially the notion is that is possible to create “safe” XPath statements. For instance given the namespace mapping acme=http://acme.com, the XPath:

//acme:foo

Could be written as:

/descendant::*[local-name()='foo' and namespace-uri()='http:// acme.com/']

I freely admit that this exceeds my limited XPath knowledge.

This seems to me to be impractical as a solution, but that is what they are going with.

Jeff Bohren

Product Architect

OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc

Try the industry's only 100% .NET-enabled identity management software. Download your free copy of Universal IdP Standard Edition today. Go to www.opennetwork.com/eval.