Subject: Re: [provision] RequestType should require requestID.

Gary P Cole wrote:

> If each request contains a (reasonably unique) requestID, then a
> provider is free to process requests in any order that is efficient (or
> otherwise advantageous).
>
> If this is NOT the case (and some requests lack requestID), then a
> provider must queue requests for that requestor.  The provider must
> respond to each request from a specific requestor before it responds to
> another request from that some requestor.  If the provider responds in
> an order that does not match the order of requests, the requestor may be
> unable to match the response with the correct request.

Sorry I haven't been following this very closely.  If a requester
sends an async request, they still get back a synchronous response
containing the provider generated requestId if they didn't pass one
in the request, right?   If the requester sends a synchronous
request, that thread is going to hang on the connection until the
response comes back.

In either case, I don't see how the requestor can get confused.
If the requestor manages to launch several threads to make several
requests in parallel, I don't think the provider is under any
obligation to process them in the order received.

Jeff