Subject: Re: [provision] Suggested text for version 3.1.1

Jeff,

Could you take a look at the Conversational flow section and see whether
it is now okay?  I remember that you raised this issue with draft 4, and
I tried to address it in draft 5.  I reworded to avoid the word
"blocking".  I also removed a paragraph or two that suggested order
inappropriate to a connectionless protocol.

However, I still like the diagrams and the explanation of the simple
case (now called "orderly alternation") and the more complex case (now
called "multiple outstanding requests").  We found that we needed
diagrams like these in order to understand one another when we discussed
this at the Austin Face-to-Face.

I admire the brevity of your suggested text. It also seems very
accurate.  However, in the case where a provider chooses asynchronous
execution for an operation that omitted requestID, wouldn't the provider
still need to return a requestID (even if the transport mehanism is a
synchronous request-response mechanism)?