Subject: RE: [provision] SPML 2.0 Approval Plan...

Mary,

Thanks for the feedback. We went over the plan today on our call and with
Hal Lockhart's help we retooled it. I think the new version conforms to the
new procedures that you indicatd. I will be posting an updated version later
today.

From: Mary McRae [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tue 5/10/2005 10:50 AM
To: 'Bohren, Jeffrey'; provision@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Jeff,

  I was looking at the SPML 2.0 approval plan and just wanted to make a
couple of comments. We're now operating under the new TC

Process Policy which went into effect on 4/15/05. Under this policy, the
process is a bit different now. Committee Drafts are now

used to set "stakes in the ground" - anyone who is a member of the TC at the
time a CD is passed (majority vote) are obligated under

the IPR policy. When a document is ready to be submitted for public review,
the TC votes to create a Public Review Draft (again,

majority vote). Public Review Drafts are submitted for a minimum of 60 days.
Subsequent reviews, if required, are limited to changes

and can be conducted for a minimum of 15 days.

After the TC has made whatever changes necessary and are satisfied with the
work product, they can hold a vote for Committee

Specification. This vote is actually conducted by the TC Administrator (me
in this case) and requires a special majority to pass. A

second or simultaneous vote can be held to submit to membership for
standardization (also special majority).

Details can be found in the TC Process
 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php>

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Mary